Best Wireless Keyboard for MacBook Pro in 2023
Best Wireless Keyboard for MacBook Pro in 2023
MacBook Pro is one of the most popular computer systems these days. People use them for professional as well as personal use and with this, comes a lot of typing. The default keyboard that comes with your MacBook is pretty decent as well. But if you do intense typing, for instance, if you are a writer, a typist, a programmer, a gamer, or just anyone, you know how much an upgraded and good keyboard can add to your overall performance and convenience.
There are a number of keyboards that can be found in the market ranging from budget-friendly ones to some highly competitive ones. But the real question is what is the best wireless keyboard for MacBook Pro in 2023?
It is understood that the best wireless keyboard for your MacBook Pro will come at a hefty price but the best part is that it’s all worthwhile. You spend hours and hours working on your MacBook Pro and you won’t even, how investing a little into your keyboard can not only save time but also boost productivity while providing maximum comfort.
The default keyboard that comes with MacBook Pro is the Magic Keyboard. It features a touch ID and built-in features. These features assist you in your daily tasks such as switching languages, using emojis, locking your device, and other system functions. It is compact and features a 78-key design. It also comes in a full-size design. It has some Mac-specific pre-programmed keys. If you are looking for similar alternatives, your choices will be very limited. However, we can easily find wireless keyboards with programmable keys these days and can program them according to our preferences.
Best Wireless Keyboard for MacBook Pro At a Glance
- Happy Hacking Professional Hybrid Keyboard– Best Type-S Keyboard for MacBook Pro
- Logitech Craft Keyboard – Best Backlit Keyboard for MacBook Pro
- Apple Magic Keyboard with Touch ID – Best Apple Keyboard for MacBook Pro
- Logitech MX Keys Keyboard – Best Illuminated Keyboard for MacBook Pro
- Keychron K2 Version 2 Keyboard – Best 84 Key Keyboard for MacBook Pro
- Apple Magic Keyboard – Best Wireless Keyboard for MacBook Pro
- ANNE PRO 2 – Best Mechanical Keyboard for MacBook Pro
- Satechi Slim X3 Keyboard – Best Full Key Programmable Keyboard for MacBook Pro
- Macally Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard – Best Multi Device Keyboard for MacBook Pro
- Cherry Stream Wireless Keyboard – Best Keyboard for MacBook Pro with SX Scissors Keys
|Product Image||Product Title||Rating||Reviews||Buy|
|Fujitsu HHKB - Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional Hybrid||5.0/5.0||2+||Click Here|
|Logitech Craft Advanced Wireless Keyboard with Creative Input Dial and Backlit Keys||4.4/5.0||1,037+||Click Here|
|Apple Magic Keyboard with Touch ID and Numeric Keypad||4.6/5.0||1,380+||Click Here|
|Logitech MX Keys Advanced Wireless Illuminated Keyboard||4.7/5.0||13,488+||Click Here|
|Keychron K2 Version 2 Wireless Gaming Mechanical Keyboard||4.6/5.0||3,477+||Click Here|
|Apple Magic Keyboard - US English||4.8/5.0||10,269+||Click Here|
|ANNE PRO 2, 60% Wired/Wireless Mechanical Keyboard||4.6/5.0||6,449+||Click Here|
|Satechi Slim X3 Bluetooth Backlit Keyboard with Numeric Keypad||4.3/5.0||254+||Click Here|
|Macally Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard for Mac or Windows PC||4.4/5.0||3,954+||Click Here|
|Cherry Stream Desktop - Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo||4.5/5.0||51+||Click Here|
Happy Hacking Professional Hybrid Keyboard– Best Type-S Keyboard for MacBook Pro
DIMENSIONS: 294 mm x 120 mm x 40 mm, WEIGHT (EXCLUDING BATTERIES): 540g, NUMBER OF KEYS: 60, CHASSIS FORMAT: Ultra-Compact Ten keyless keyboard, LAYOUT: Near-Symmetrical 60-Key Modified US ANSI Layout, KEYCAP & SPACEBAR MATERIAL: Polybutylene Terephthalate (PBT), KEY WEIGHT: 45g, KEY TRAVEL: 4mm, KEY PITCH: 19.05mm, KEY SWITCHES: Topre Electrostatic Capacitive Key Switches, KEY SWITCH STRUCTURE: Rubber Dome and Conical Spring, KEY SWITCH LIFETIME: 50 million keystrokes, CHASSIS & KEY ERGONOMICS: Cylindrical Step Sculpted design, BLUETOOTH INTERFACE: Bluetooth 4.2LE (Class 2) Multi-pairing – Up to 4 devices, BLUETOOTH RADIO OPERATING RANGE: 10 meters, POWER: 2 x AA Batteries, OPERATING TIME: Approx. 3 months, USB INTERFACE: USB Type-C, ADJUSTABLE KEYBOARD HEIGHT: 3 positions, OPERATING TEMPERATURE RANGE: 5°C – 35°C (41°F – 95°F), OPERATING HUMDITIY RANGE: 20% – 80% (non-condensing)
- Topre Elecrostatic Capacitive Switches eliminate key chatter, while providing supreme tactility, extra comfort, keystroke precision and of course, the famous Topre Thock sound
- Compact 60 key layout that minimizes finger movement and maximizes efficiency; Ergonomic design suitable for programming and long text writing
- Create Keymap settings which are saved in the HHKB so you can use it with different devices and Customizable DIP Switches enable you to change mode for different OS (Microsoft Windows, Apple mac, etc)
- Connect to your PC via USB (Type-C), or connect to your PC, Tablet, Smartphone (iPad, iPhone, Android) via Bluetooth multi-pairing, instantly switching between up to 4 devices with keyboard shortcuts
- High-Quality frame and keys - Sculpted keycaps and spacebar made from durable, shine-resistant P
Happy Hacking is one of the most popular names in mechanical keyboards from Japan. HHKB Pro Hybrid is the best keyboard to date. It is an excellent mechanical keyboard that considers your comfort as its top priority. It is more of a professional keyboard rather than an appealing keyboard. It is the perfect companion for people who use MacBook Pro in their offices.
Happy Hacking Pro Hybrid is surprisingly very small, especially for people who are shifting from a full-size or a ten-keyless keyboard. It comes with just 60 keys and you will be amazed at the space it will save on your setup. It is very carefully designed with good space between the keys but still allows you to reach all the keys easily. It doesn’t have the numeric keypad and the arrow keys to save safely. The switches of this keyboard are quite soft yet they provide tactile feedback while typing.
The best Type-S keyboard for MacBook Pro in 2023 comes with a number of unique features like quiet keystroke sound, deep keystrokes, no numeric keypad, no arrow keys, a customizable key map, and a simple yet stylish design.
I am a software developer and thus my hands are on my keyboard for at least 10 hours a day. I have previously worked with Cherry MX Red and I can confidently say that none of these was able to compete with the HHKB Pro Hybrid Keyboard. It was very comfortable to use and didn’t create any sound. The keystrokes were smooth with moderate actuation force.
- Topre switches
- Battery-powered keyboard with a life of 3 months
- Compact design
- Excellent build quality
Our Verdict for Happy Hacking Professional Hybrid Keyboard
Happy Hacking Pro Hybrid keyboard is an extremely compact keyboard that features excellent build quality with Topre switches. It is compatible with MacBook Pro and can be connected via Bluetooth. The major drawback of this keyboard is that it lacks 2.4GHz RF wireless connectivity.
Logitech Craft Keyboard – Best Keyboard for MacBook Pro with Input Dial
DIMENSIONS: 5.87 x 16.9 x 1.26 inches, WEIGHT: 960g, COMPATIBILITY: Mac OS 10.11 and above, WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY RANGE: 10m, CONNECTIVITY: Bluetooth, 2.4 GHz wireless, INDICATOR LIGHT: Connection, Caps lock, Battery, BATTERY TYPE: Rechargeable, PORT: Type-C, BATTERY LIFE: 3 months
- THE CROWN – A UNIQUE CREATIVE INPUT DIAL. The Crown is a tactile aluminium dial that adapts to the app you’re using – giving you instant control of the tool you need. Touch the Crown to access context-specific functions, tap to change function and turn to change the selected function’s value.* *Requires Logitech Options on Mac OS X and Windows.
- OPTIMISED WORKFLOW. Install profiles in Logitech Options to enhance the Crown for use with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, InDesign, as well as Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Adjust brightness in Photoshop, instantly create a chart in Excel and enlarge text in InDesign with a turn of the crown.* *Requires Logitech Options on Mac OS X and Windows.
- PREMIUM TYPING. Type with confidence on a keyboard crafted for efficiency, stability and precision. Your fingers glide effortlessly between the matt surface of the keys. The large strike area and spherical dishing mean you can touch type with precision. Increased key stability reduces noise while optimising responsiveness.
- SMART ILLUMINATION. The backlit keys light up the moment your hands approach and automatically adjust to suit changing lighting conditions.
- INTUITIVE USER EXPERIENCE. Enjoy a balanced and natural creative experience. Use the Crown to adjust your work, the mouse to navigate and the keyboard to type with precision. Be more efficient by using intuitive controls that fit seamlessly into the way you work – instead of relying on complicated shortcuts and unnatural movement
Logitech is known for its high-end and exceptional keyboards and it is no surprise that one of the best keyboards from it, was made to this list. The Logitech Craft keyboard is a versatile keyboard that is quite similar to Logitech MX Keys. The most prominent feature of this keyboard is the input dial present at the top left corner. It is another of the best wireless keyboards for your MacBook Pro.
Built to Last
The best keyboard for MacBook Pro with an input dial features a very sophisticated and simple design. It has a sleek body with rounded edges. It is made out of both metal and plastic with a matte finish. It is a bit heavy which ensures it is built to last. It doesn’t have any incline options. One of the most exciting features of the design of this keyboard is its outstanding backlighting. Its black body looks extremely appealing with the back backlight.
Logitech keyboards are known for their typing experiences. This keyboard has a low profile. However, the keys are tactile, stable, and very quiet. It uses scissor switches that have a very low pre-travel distance with a low actuation point.
When I received this keyboard, the first thing that impressed me the most was its build quality. It is quite sturdy and heavy. I also liked the extra knob which acts as a quick control button. The keys are quite similar to laptop keys with very low noise. I use it with my MacBook Pro for typing all day long. The keys are easy to press and thus my fingers don’t tire out simply.
- Low profile
- Programmable dial
- Sturdy design
- Lacks incline settings
Our Verdict for Logitech Craft Keyboard
Logitech Craft Keyboard is a perfect choice for your MacBook Pro. It is perfect for casual gaming, office use, and programming. The keys are comfortable and don’t require a lot of force for actuation. It doesn’t have RGB lights but comes with a white backlight which makes its black matte body very appealing.
Apple Magic Keyboard with Touch ID – Best Apple Keyboard for MacBook Pro
DIMENSIONS: 0.16-0.43 x 10.98 x 4.52 inches, WEIGHT: 0.54 pound (0.243 kg), SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: Mac with Apple silicon using macOS 11.4 or later, NUMBER OF KEYS: 109, CONNECTIVITY: RF wireless, USB-C, Bluetooth, KEYSWITCH TYPE: Scissor-Switch
- Magic Keyboard with Touch ID and Numeric Keypad delivers a remarkably comfortable and precise typing experience
- It features an extended layout, with document navigation controls for quick scrolling and full-size arrow keys, which are great for gaming
- It’s wireless and rechargeable, with an incredibly long-lasting internal battery that will power your keyboard for about a month or more between charges.¹ It pairs automatically with your Mac, so you can get to work right away
- And it includes a woven USB-C to Lightning Cable that lets you pair and charge by connecting to a USB-C port on your Mac.
- System Requirements: Mac with Apple silicon using macOS 11.4 or la
Apple Magic Keyboard with Touch ID is the successor of Apple Magic keyboards. It has just a few improvements over the previous versions. It features a sleeker design with rounded edges, new hotkey buttons, and Touch ID. It isn’t as exciting as the other keyboards listed here, however, when talking about compatibility with MacBook Pro, Apple keyboards are the ultimate choice.
Old Design with new Touch ID
Apple Magic Keyboard, like its successor, has excellent build quality. It features the all-new Touch ID. It comes with a plastic base. The keys are made of ABS and have a low profile. They are simple and easy to touch. It lacks incline settings but is quite comfortable on the fingers. It is the perfect choice for use in professional environments, as it has a sleek design without any backlighting.
The best Apple keyboard for MacBook Pro provides a nice typing experience. It uses scissor switches like the previous models. The keys have a tactile bump, which means they require some force to be actuated. The overall typing experience is comfortable with short pre-travel distances. This makes typing quick without any fatigue.
It worked as expected for me. It is fast and comfortable to use. Although the keys feel a little cheap the performance is impressive. It is easy to connect and before I forget to mention, it has an excellent battery life as well.
- Good battery life
- Touch ID
Our Verdict for Apple Magic Keyboard with Touch ID
If you are a die-hard Apple fan and looking for a keyboard that works excellently with your MacBook Pro, the Apple Magic Keyboard with Touch ID is a good option for you. However, it is expensive as there are only a few differences when compared to the previous model. It doesn’t have backlighting as well which may be a disappointment for some users.
Logitech MX Keys Keyboard – Best Illuminated Keyboard for MacBook Pro
KEYBOARD DIMENSIONS: 5.18 x 16.94 x 0.81 inches, KEYBOARD WEIGHT: 810g, UNIFYING USB RECEIVER DIMENSIONS: 0.72 x 0.57 x 0.26 inches, UNIFYING USB RECEIVER WEIGHT: 2 g, PALM REST DIMENSIONS: 2.52 x 16.54 x 0.31 inches, PALM REST WEIGHT: 180 g, CONNECTIVITY: Unifying USB Receiver/Bluetooth low energy technology, WIRELESS RANGE: 10 meters, PORT: Type-C, BATTERY LIFE: 10 days, BATTERY LIFE WITH BACKLIGHTING OFF: 5 months, CUSTOMIZATION SOFTWARE: Logi Options+
- Perfect stroke keys: Spherically dished keys match the shape of your fingertips, offering satisfying feedback with every tap
- Comfort and stability: Type with confidence on a keyboard crafted for comfort, stability, and precision
- Smart illumination hand proximity detection and automatic backlighting
- Flow cross computer control: Type on multiple computers in 1 fluid workflow
- Multi device and multi OS: Compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android systems - Pair with up-to 3 devices. Easy-switch keys to connect up to three devices and easily switch between them
- USB-C Rechargeable: Full charge lasts up-to 10 days or up-to 5 months with back-lighting off.
- MX Keys Keyboard - 5.1 H x 16.9 W x 0.8 D inch, USB Receiver-0.7 H x 0.5 W x 0.2 D inch, Palm rest-2.5 H x 16.5 W x 0.3 D inch
- 1 year limited hardware warran
Logitech MX Keys is another of the impressive keyboards from Logitech. It features a sleek design with wireless connectivity for up to three devices. It is more of an office keyboard due to its sophisticated design.
Laptop Style Keyboard
The best-illuminated keyboard for MacBook Pro is a full-size keyboard. It comes with 108 keys. Although it is full-sized, it is very compact and features a very appealing design. Its body is made of good-quality plastic. It is sturdy with a nice grip. This keyboard doesn’t have any incline settings and is a low-profile keyboard. One of the impressive features of its design is the white backlight. It comes with a built-in brightness sensor, which turns on the backlight automatically when it gets dark.
Performance & Features
It features scissor switches that are quite responsive. It has a comfortable typing quality, with stable keys that are easily actuated and provide tactile feedback. The keys are appropriately placed, decreasing typos. It is one of the most versatile keyboards and can be connected via Bluetooth or a USB dongle.
I was a bit hesitant to order it as it was a little out of my budget. I, however, ended up ordering it, and honestly, I don’t regret it at all. It is simple to use and easy to connect. I have been using this keyboard for a few months now, and I don’t remember the need to charge them.
- Well-built design
- Comfortable typing experience
- Long battery life
- Lacks macro programmability
Our Verdict for Logitech MX Keys Keyboard
Logitech MX Keys is a decent keyboard. Its impressive feature is its ability to connect to multiple devices at once. It has a sleek design and is comfortable to use. It can be used for gaming, office as well as programming due to its short pre-travel distance.
Keychron K2 Version 2 Keyboard – Best 84 Key Keyboard for MacBook Pro
DIMENSIONS (Plastic Frame Version): 313 x 123 mm, WEIGHT (Plastic Frame Version): 663g, DIMENSIONS (Aluminum Frame Version): 317 x 129 mm, WEIGHT (Aluminum Frame Version): 794g, HEIGHT WITH FRONT KEYCAP: 30mm, HEIGHT WITH REAR KEYCAP: 40mm, NUMBER OF KEYS: 84 keys, SWITCHES: Gateron G Pro blue/red/brown switches, NUMBER OF MULTIMEDIA KEYS: 12, MAIN BODY MATERIAL: ABS, KEYCAP MATERIAL: ABS, LAYOUT: ANSI, POLLING RATE: 90Hz, BACKLIT TYPES: 18, BATTERY: 4000mAh Rechargeable Li-Polymer Battery, CHARGING TIME: Around 3 hours, CONNECTION: Bluetooth and Type-C cable, BLUETOOTH VERSION: 5.1, BLUETOOTH DEVICE NAME: Keychron K2, BT WORKING TIME WITH BACKLIT OFF: up to 240 hours, BT WORKING TIME WITH SINGLE LED: Up to 68 hours, BT WORKING TIME WITH RGB: Up to 72 hours, OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: -10 to 50℃
- A 75% layout (84-key) RGB backlight compact Bluetooth mechanical keyboard. The ultimate tenkeyless keyboard that retains shortcut and arrow keys. Aluminum frame.
- Connects with up to 3 devices via Bluetooth 5.1 and switch among them easily. With high reliable and broad compatibility Broadcom Bluetooth chipset, the K2 is best to fit home, office and light gaming use while connecting with your smartphone, laptop and iPad. It also has wired mode with USB Type-C connection.
- With a unique Mac layout, K2 has all necessary Mac function keys, while compatible with Windows. Extra keycaps for both Windows and Mac operating system are included.
- K2 can last up to 72 hours typing, or up to 7 days normal use (count 8hrs per day) with a 4000 mAh big battery, which is one of the biggest in mechanical keyboard. N-key rollover (NKRO) on wired mode or 6KRO on wireless mode.
- Charming RGB backlight with elegant keycap legends helps to type in dime environment, you can also choose other static color backlight mode. Durable Gateron mechanical switch with 50 million keystroke lifespan, providing unrivaled tactile responsiveness on the linear red switc
Keychron K2 Version 2 is an entry-level mechanical keyboard. It is small in size and simple to use. It was made to this list due to its exceptional build quality and the fact that it has been specifically designed for OS users.
The build quality of the best 84-key keyboard for MacBook Pro is quite impressive. It is made of an aluminum frame and is quite sturdy. It is a 75% compact-sized keyboard. It’s a high-profile keyboard so some people might require a wrist rest. It features full RGB backlighting with each key lit separately. The light of the different keys is also customizable.
Using the Keychron K2
It comes with Gateron G Pro blue/red/brown switches. The typing experience is quite nice as well. The leys don’t require a lot of force for actuation. They also provide decent tactile feedback. The keys are also quite stable with exception of the spacebar. It also doesn’t have any typing noise and is quiet.
I have a small desk space but I wanted a keyboard with a good number of keys and this turned out to be the perfect choice for me. It is light and doesn’t have a clicky sound. I got the one with the Gateron Brown switches.
- RGB backlighting
- Good typing experience
- Well built
- Compact design
- Lacks wrist rest
Our Verdict for Keychron K2 Version 2 Keyboard
Keychron K2 is a decent keyboard. It is a good choice for programmers as the keys are stable and well-built. However, it isn’t the ideal choice for gamers due to slightly higher latency.
Apple Magic Keyboard – Best Wireless Keyboard for MacBook Pro
DIMENSIONS: 0.16-0.43 x 10.98 x 4.52 inches, WEIGHT: 0.53 pound, CONNECTIVITY: Bluetooth, USB-C, RF Wireless, NUMBER OF KEYS: 109, KEY SWITCH TYPE: Scissor-Switch
- Magic Keyboard combines a sleek design with a built-in rechargeable battery and enhanced key features.
- With a stable scissor mechanism beneath each key, as well as optimized key travel and a low profile, Magic Keyboard provides a remarkably comfortable and precise typing experience.
- It pairs automatically with your Mac, so you can get to work right away.
- And the battery is incredibly long-lasting—it will power your keyboard for about a month or more between charges
- System Requirements: Bluetooth-enabled Mac computer with OS X 10.11 or later, iPad models with iPadOS, iOS devices with iOS 9.1 or lat
Apple Magic Keyboard 2017 is the predecessor of the Apple Magic Keyboard with Touch ID. It is a low-profile keyboard which is another of the top choices for Mac users. This keyboard is mainly designed for offices and productive users.
The best wireless keyboard for MacBook Pro features a very rigid aluminum body. It is lightweight and quite sturdy. It is a 75% keyboard and doesn’t feature any incline settings. Since it is mainly designed for more of a professional environment, it doesn’t have backlighting.
Performance & Extra Features
If you are an Apple laptop user, you will notice that this keyboard has very similar to their laptops. It has scissor switches with a very short pre-travel distance and a slight tactile bump. It isn’t a mechanical keyboard and doesn’t create a clicking noise.
It’s a minimal keyboard. It performs all the basic functions of a keyboard. At its price, I expected more from it but it didn’t have many additional features. It is an authentic keyboard with good battery life and easy pairing.
- Simple design
- Responsive keys
- Lacks backlighting
- No software support
Our Verdict for Apple Magic Keyboard
Apple Magic Keyboard 2017 is a simple keyboard with a strong design. It’s durable and is recommended for office use. It is a poor keyboard for programming and gaming.
ANNE PRO 2 – Best Mechanical Keyboard for MacBook Pro
DIMENSIONS: 94 x 284 x 40 mm, WEIGHT: 635g, MATERIAL: PBT, LIGHT EFFECT: RGB 16 Million Colors, KEYS QUANTITY: 61 Keys, USB: Type-C Connection, WIRELESS CONNECTION: Bluetooth 5.0, RESPONSE TIME: 1ms, KEY CAPS: PBT, BATTERY CAPACITY: 1900mAh, BATTERY TYPE: Rechargeable Lithium Battery, USB WORKING VOLTAGE: 5V DC, USB WORKING CURRENCY: 500mA Max
- Minimalistic design doing more with less. Requires less hand movement while still being able to access all the functionalities.
- Compact and Portable . It saves desk space and easy to carry around. Fits right in backpack. Perfect for home, work and on the go.
- Decent bluetooth connectivity enables wireless connection up to 4 devices and switch seamlessly back and forth.
- Revamped obinskit starter software simplifies the way to set up your own key layout, lighting and to create macros.
- The “Magic Fn” on the Caps Lock button makes it easier to utilize the F1-F12 keys while gamin
Anne Pro 2 is a 60% compact gaming keyboard. It is a simple-looking keyboard with excellent performance. It is another of the top-ranked choice of the keyboard to be used with your MacBook Pro.
Design & Layout
The best mechanical keyboard for MacBook Pro has excellent build quality. It is a very compact keyboard and doesn’t take up much space on your desk. Its body is made of plastic and is quite solid. It doesn’t have any incline settings as well.
The most impressive feature of this keyboard’s design is its backlighting. Every key is individually lit and the keyboard has adjustable brightness.
Anne Pro 2 has excellent typing quality. The keys are a bit large but stable. The size of the keyboard is compact which affects the performance in the sense that it can get quite tiring and may take a while to get used to. It has a good response time and the switches give good tactile feedback.
It is a solid keyboard and is made of good quality. It connects easily and is quite simple to use. The only thing I wish it didn’t lack was a white backlight apart from that this keyboard is a good 10.
- Great build quality
- Full RGB backlighting
- Variety of Switch types to choose from
- Lacks media keys
Our Verdict for ANNE PRO 2
Anne Pro 2 is an ideal choice for gaming. It is well-built and sturdy. It comes with a variety of switch options that are capable of delivering nice feedback that isn’t too loud. It doesn’t, however, come with incline settings.
Satechi Slim X3 Keyboard – Best Full Key Programmable Keyboard for MacBook Pro
DIMENSIONS: 16.65 x 4.5 x 0.4 inches, WEIGHT: 0.97 lbs., CONNECTIVITY: Wireless Bluetooth 5.0, NUMBER OF KEYS: 109, KEY SWITCH TYPE: SCISSOR-SWITCH
- OPTIMIZED FOR MAC - designed for Apple users in mind, the Slim X3 Bluetooth Backlit Keyboard features an extended keyboard layout with numeric pad, navigational arrows, and MacOS function keys for a sleek upgrade to any modern workspace.
- MULTI-DEVICE BLUETOOTH - equipped with easy-to-use Bluetooth keys to assign up to four devices – perfect to type across your laptop, tablet or smartphone with a press of a button.
- ILLUMINATED KEYS - built for convenience with backlit keys, featuring ten levels of brightness to adjust to nearly any type of environment and a rechargeable USB-C port for fast and easy charging.
- A MODERN UPGRADE - features a sleek, aluminum finish to complement your Apple devices and low-profile, responsive keys for a comfortable typing experience.
- COMPATIBLE WITH - 2022 MacBook Pro/ Air M2, 2021 MacBook Pro 14-inch, 16-inch (M1 Pro & Max), 2020 MacBook Pro/ Air M1, 2021/2020/2019/2017 iMac, iMac Pro, 2020/2018 Mac Mini, 2018 MacBook Air, 2018/2017 MacBook Pro, 2022 iPad Air M1, 2021 iPad Pro M1, 2020/2018 iPad Pro, 2020 iPad Air, iPhone 13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13 /13 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12 /12 Mini, iPhone 11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11, 2012 & newer Mac device
Satechi Slim X3 has been designed specifically for Apple users and the best thing about this keyboard is that it is much cheaper than Apple’s own keyboards. It is very similar to Apple’s Magic Keyboard.
The design of the best full key programmable keyboard for MacBook Pro is quite sturdy and well-built. Its body is made of aluminum and the keys are made of plastic. Its overall design is quite appealing. The keyboard comes with backlighting with each key lit individually.
The typing experience of this keyboard will definitely remind you of the experience of the Magic keyboard. It doesn’t have any incline settings which is acceptable as it’s a low-profile keyboard. One of the features that make it extremely suitable for MacBook Pro users is that the keys are set to match the default Mac keys.
I can confidently say that I have no buyer’s remorse after getting this keyboard. It is an amazing keyboard and it doesn’t even feel different from the Magic keyboard. My office has a magic keyboard and I wanted one for my personal use as well but obviously, it was a little pricy. But this keyboard provided me with the same experience at a cheaper value.
- Impressive typing experience
- Can connect to four devices via Bluetooth
- Battery life needs improvement
Our Verdict for Satechi Slim X3 Keyboard
If you are on a budget and wish to have something closest to Apple’s Magic Keyboard, this is the perfect option for you. It has a sleek design and a very comfortable typing experience. However, its battery life needs some improvements.
Macally Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard – Best Multi-Device Keyboard for MacBook Pro
DIMENSIONS: 6.5″ x 0.8″ x 17.1″, WEIGHT: 1.35lbs., CONNECTIVITY: Bluetooth, BATTERY: 1 Lithium Polymer Battery, NUMBER OF KEYS: 110 keys, KEYS: Scissor Flex
- MULTI DEVICE (CONNECT UP TO 3 DEVICES AT ONCE): Simultaneously connect up to 3 Bluetooth enabled devices to achieve maximum productivity in your work, social, and creative environments with our wireless extended keyboard
- ULTRA SLIM VERSATILE DESIGN: Even with 110 keys, including 20 shortcut keys, presets, and a number pad, our mac bluetooth keyboard is only 15 mm in thickness (0.59 inches). Will add a touch of sophistication and style to your workspace
- EASY SETUP WITH STRONG WIRELESS BLUETOOTH CONNECTION: Plugged-in or traveling, our bluetooth keyboard allows you to be fully wireless and never worry about charging the built-in rechargeable battery for up to 3 months (based on the average use of 3 hours per day)
- ENHANCED TYPING EXPERIENCE: Expert or casual typists will appreciate our mac wireless keyboard’s fast scissor flexors that support the thin keycaps for the ultimate responsive touch and quiet typing
- SEAMLESS COMPATIBILITY FOR YOUR DEVICES: No drivers required, easily connect with most bluetooth compatible technology (Smart TVs, Gaming Consoles, Mac, PC, Chrome, Samsung, or see the long-detailed-list below) and enj
Macally Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard is another top-ranked wireless keyboard for MacBook Pro users. It is a budget-friendly full-sized keyboard that comes with some decent features.
The Macally wireless Bluetooth keyboard comes in a sleek and decent design. It is a full-size keyboard with 110 scissor flex keys out of which 20 are MacOSX shortcuts. This makes this keyboard a very nice choice for MacBook Pro users.
Features and Performance
The best multi-device keyboard for MacBook Pro is an easy-to-use keyboard. It is very simple to pair with your device. It comes with 20 preprogrammed shortcuts for Apple users, making the typing experience even more convenient. The keys are stable and provide a decent response.
I have a wired Apple keyboard already but I always wanted to get my hands on a wireless keyboard for my MacBook Pro. Well, this proved to be my best buy, not just because of its performance but also because of its price. It is thin, and lightweight and I had no issues while connecting it to my system.
- Thin & lightweight
- Easy to connect
- No backlighting
Our Verdict for Macally Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard
This is another of the good keyboards that have been specifically designed for Apple users. It is thin, lightweight, and sturdy. It is a simple keyboard that is responsive and easy to use.
Cherry Stream Wireless Keyboard – Best Keyboard for MacBook Pro with SX Scissors Key
DIMENSIONS: approx. 462.2 x 162.2 x 23.1 mm, WEIGHT: 920g, KEY TECHNOLOGY: SX, SERVICE LIFE OF STANDARD KEY: > 20 million strokes, NUMBER OF ADDITIONAL KEYS: 10, MTBF= >80,000 hours, OPERATING TEMPERATURE: 0 °C to 40 °C, max. 85% humidity, STORAGE TEMPERATURE: -20 °C to 60 °C max. 85% humidity, TRANSMISSION RANGE: approx. 10m, FREQUENCY RANGE: 2,400 GHz – 2, 4835 GHz, CONNECTIVITY RANGE: Wireless 2.4 GHz
- Maximum productivity: -> Extremely quiet keystrokes -> CHERRY SX scissor mechanism -> Quiet mouse buttons -> 3-level adjustable mouse sensor with up to 2400 dpi
- Highest quality: -> Rubberized feet for perfect slip resistance -> Integrated metal plate for maximum torsional rigidity -> „Blauer Engel“ ecolabel -> Durable key lettering -> Keyboard with AES-128 encryption
- Optimum operating comfort: -> Battery life up to 36 months (keyboard: 36 months, mouse: 12 months) -> Status LEDs show low battery charge and mouse resolution -> Keyboard with integrated status LEDs for the CAPS LOCK, NUM and SCROLL keys ->
- Keyboard with 10 office & multimedia keys -> 6 mouse buttons and scroll wheel Very latest design: -> Flat overall height -> GS approval (full size layout) -> Perfectly coordinated design ~
Cherry Stream Wireless Keyboard is one of the best all-around keyboards which comes at a very budget-friendly value. It comes with Cherry’s SX scissor switches which provide a really good typing experience.
The best keyboard for MacBook Pro with SX scissors features a very simple design with an all-black body. It is a full-sized keyboard with a full numeric keypad. It also features some dedicated media buttons and shortcuts. It has a quite thin body but not as thin as those of Apple keyboards. It has a low profile design and the keys are well built which provides a very comfortable typing experience.
Features and Performance
One of the most notable features of this keyboard is that it has a battery life rating of 336 months. It features 128-bit AES encryption. This keyboard isn’t designed for gaming and thus it doesn’t use the classic and clicky Cherry mechanical switches. Another important feature of this keyboard is that it comes with optional software which allows its users to edit the function row and the upper row of media keys.
I wanted a classic type of keyboard but with wireless connectivity and the Cherry Stream Wireless Keyboard was able to live up to expectations. It is slightly heavy and has a low profile. This is the perfect addition to my MacBook Pro.
- Low-profile design
- Good typing experience
- Long battery life
- Uses AA batteries
Our Verdict for Cherry Stream Wireless Keyboard
Cherry Stream Wireless Keyboard is a classic basic keyboard with a very decent design. It comes with preprogrammed keys and is a very good choice for office use.
Best Wireless Keyboard for MacBook Pro-BUYER’S GUIDE
Most the users consider Apple Magic Keyboard as their first choice for their MacBook Pro as it has been specifically designed for Apple users and doesn’t require you to follow additional steps to begin your work. However, the market isn’t limited to Apple keyboards only for MacBook users. There are a number of Apple-friendly keyboards that can be found in the market and it can be a daunting task to choose the most suitable one for you. We have gathered here all the things you need to look for in your potential new keyboard.
The two types of keyboard styles are the membrane style and the mechanical keyboards. This mainly depends on your preference. Some people enjoy the bumpy feeling and clicky sound that is produced by the mechanical keyboard. Gamers mostly tend to opt for mechanical keyboards due to their appealing aesthetics and satisfying clicks, whereas, membrane-style keyboards are more office friendly. You can find both these types in the market both in wireless as well as wired modes.
The keyboard’s come in different sizes. The four most common sizes are full-sized, having about 104 keys, ten keyless, having 87 keys, 75% having 80-84 keys and lastly 65% having 66-69 keys. The size of the keyboard is mainly decided by the available space and your main purpose. For example, some gamers prefer to have a full-sized keyboard as they need additional keys to carry out various operations.
Keyboards come in a variety of colors and shapes. You can find plain keyboards as well as keyboards having colorful RGB backlights. You can also find keyboards having only white backlights. This is one of the appealing features mainly found in gaming keyboards.
Some people don’t even bother about this, but others mostly gamers highly wish to opt for keyboards that have programmable keys. This allows them to create their own shortcuts for their intense gaming environments. If a keyboard allows you to design its keys to do macros and other functions, it makes your life much easier.
Since this article is all about wireless keyboards, battery life is an important factor to consider. One doesn’t wish their keyboard to die in the middle of their battleground or an intense programming session, therefore, it is important to choose a keyboard that has a suitable battery life depending on your application.
Best Wireless Keyboard for MacBook Pro-FAQs
Which wireless keyboards are compatible with MacBook Pro?
There are a number of wireless keyboards that are compatible with the MacBook Pro such as the Happy Hacking Professional Hybrid Keyboard, Logitech Craft Keyboard, Apple Magic Keyboard, and many more.
Can you use Logitech wireless keyboard on MacBook Pro?
Yes, the Logitech wireless keyboard can be used on MacBook Pro having a Mac OS X of 10.10 or later.
What is Apple’s new Magic Keyboard?
Apple’s new Magic Keyboard comes with Touch ID which the Magic Keyboard 2017 lacked. It is wireless and rechargeable.
Is the Apple keyboard worth it?
Although the Apple Magic Keyboard with Touch ID is a good keyboard for the office, using Touch ID with it requires a Mac with the M1 chip. It is worth it if you own a Mac with these specifications only.
Can you connect an external keyboard to a MacBook Pro?
Yes, external keyboards can be used with a MacBook Pro. There are a number of keyboards present in the market that are fully compatible with the MacBook Pro. Some of these keyboards even have preprogrammed keys meant for Mac users.
Will any Bluetooth keyboard work with Mac?
Yes, any Bluetooth keyboard as well as the ones that require USB dongles for connectivity work completely fine with Mac. However, one must check the compatibility of the keyboard as some keyboards are designed for Windows computers only.
Why is my wireless keyboard not connecting to my Mac?
If the batteries in your wireless Apple keyboard need to be changed, do so. However, if you’re using a device with a built-in battery, such as the more recent Apple Magic keyboard, be sure it’s charged. Additionally, test a different USB port and charging cord on your Mac.
What is a Magic Keyboard MacBook pro?
With just the press of a key, the Magic Keyboard with Touch ID makes it simple to type emojis, change keyboard languages, lock your MacBook Pro, and access a variety of system services.
Is Magic Keyboard the same as the MacBook keyboard?
Apple’s present keyboard for their MacBook is also referred to as Magic Keyboard. It was launched in late 2019 with its 16-inch model. Later on, the 13-inch model was launched in early 2020 with the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.
Can I use Magic Keyboard with MacBook Pro?
Yes, Magic Keyboards have been specifically designed for Apple users such as MacBook Pro.
Best Wireless Keyboard for MacBook Pro-Conclusion
Selecting the best wireless keyboard for MacBook Pro in 2023 is a daunting task. There are a number of wireless keyboards that have been specifically designed for MacBook users at the same time there are other wireless keyboards that are a bit more universal meaning they can be used with MacBook, Windows, and even Linux. In the end, it all depends on your personal preference. Some people like flat and low-profile keyboards, others wish to have highly appealing keyboards with colorful RGB backlights while some opt for mechanical keyboards.
While the default Apple keyboards are decent enough, some people wish to have more comfortable and efficient keyboards with additional features and this article has covered all the best keyboards that are present for your MacBook Pro in 2023.
- Logitech Craft Keyboard – Best Backlit Keyboard for MacBook Pro
- Keychron K2 Version 2 Keyboard – Best 84 Key Keyboard for MacBook Pro
- Macally Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard – Best Multi-Device Keyboard for MacBook Pro
For more Reviews/Blogs visit Smartelectrohub