Top 10 Best Budget Action Cameras in 2023
Best Budget Action Cameras
Action Cameras are compact, and lightweight cameras that are used for capturing scenes while running, hiking, cycling, swimming, or any other adventurous activities. These are perfect partners for holidays.
Action cameras are tough and have the ability to withstand extreme environments. These highly durable and extremely good-quality cameras could be a bit heavy on your wallet.
When looking at budgeted items, it is expected to compromise on certain things. This is also the case of action cameras. These cameras come with a lot of high-quality features but when you cut down your budget, the quality and features of the action cameras will also decrease.
Budget Action Cameras don’t necessarily mean that you are required to compromise on the quality of results. This will mean that you will have to cut out some features or direct towards lesser-known brands.
Some people say that modern phones have finished the need for using action cameras, but this isn’t true. There is no doubt that the quality of images and videos produced by smartphones is really good but is it really a good or wise idea to use them with your helmet to record videos while riding a bicycle? Also, smartphones aren’t really durable and can’t withstand tough environmental conditions. This means if you wish to capture your experiences, it is important to own an action camera.
Action Cameras can a little expensive. But whatever, your budget maybe you will find a good cheaper option on this list. We have tested a number of cameras and selected the best budget action cameras for you.
|Product Image||Product Title||Amazon Ratings||Amazon Reviews||Check on Amazon|
|DJI Osmo Action||4.6/5.0||6864+||Click Here|
|GoPro Camera HERO7||4.4/5.0||1977+||Click Here|
|Insta360 ONE X2||4.5/5.0||2306+||Click Here|
|AKASO Brave 7||4.3/5.0||3040+||Click Here|
|VTech KidiZoom Action Cam HD||4.4/5.0||234+||Click Here|
|YI 4K Action and Sports Camera||4.2/5.0||1940+||Click Here|
|AKASO V50X||4.4/5.0||3894+||Click Here|
|AKASO EK7000||4.3/5.0||2304+||Click Here|
|Dragon Touch 4K Action Camera||4.2/5.0||8377+||Click Here|
|Vivitar DVR786HD||3.5/5.0||58+||Click Here|
Best Budget Action Cameras At a Glance
- DJI Osmo Action – Best 4k Action Camera
- GoPro Camera HERO7 – Best Digital Budget Action Camera
- Insta360 ONE X2 – Best 360-Degree Budget Action Camera
- AKASO Brave 7 LE – Best Wi-Fi Budget Action Camera
- VTech KidiZoom Action Cam – Best Kids Budget Action Camera
- YI 4K Action and Sports Camera – Best Voice Control Budget Action Camera
- AKASO V50X – Best Touch Screen Budget Action Camera
- AKASO EK7000 4K30FPS Action Camera – Best Ultra HD Budget Action Camera
- Dragon Touch Vision 3 Action Camera – Best Waterproof Budget Action Camera
- Vivitar DVR786HD – Best 1080p Budget Action Camera
DJI Osmo Action–Best 4k Action Camera
DIMENSIONS: 65×42×35 mm, WEIGHT: 124 g, SENSOR: 1/2.3″ CMOS, LENS: FOV: 145° f/2.8, ELECTRONIC SHUTTER SPEED: 120-1/8000s, MAX IMAGE PIXELS: 4000×3000 pixels, MAX VIDEO BITRATE: 100 Mbps, AUDIO OUTPUT: 48 kHz; AAC, BLUETOOTH: 4.2, FRONT SCREEN SIZE: 1.4 inches, BACK SCREEN SIZE: 2.25 inches, TYPE: LiPo, CAPACITY: 1300 mAh, ENERGY: 5.005 Wh, VOLTAGE: 3.85 V, CHARGING TIME: 90 mins
- Dual Screens: Osmo Action’s dual screens allow you to capture it all with the touch of a button. A vivid front screen lets you frame yourself effortlessly in any setting, while the back screen delivers a crystal-clear, hyper-responsive display. This durable, versatile action camera is jam-packed with advanced technology that lets you spend less time worrying about equipment and more time living the action.
- The RockSteady technology combines EIS with complex algorithms, delivering stable, shake-free footage no matter how heavy the action gets.
- Action camera with 1/2.3 CMOS Sensor, 12MP, wide-angle 145° that allows you to shoot 4K HDR videos.
- 8x Slow Motion: Capture every epic move with jaw-dropping clarity and detail when you use 8x slow motion with 1080p resolution and 240fps. Time-lapse: Condense time and movement for stunning, easy-to-achieve results. Charging Time: 90 mins
- 11m Waterproof, -10℃ Temperature Resistant Sporting a watertight seal and a hydrophobic coating on the back touchscreen, Osmo Action is waterproof at depths of up to 11 meters, making it the perfect underwater companion. Versatile batteries perform well even in extremely cold environments with temperatures as low as -10℃.
- What you get: DJI Osmo Action, Camera Frame, Flat Adhesive Mount, Curved Adhesive Mount, Quick-Release Base, Battery, Battery Case, Locking Screw, USB-C Cable
- DJI Mimo App requires iOS 10.0, Android 7.0 or above. Compatible devices include: iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6, SE, Samsung Galaxy S10 plus, S10, S9 plus, S9 , S9 plus, S9, S8 plus, S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, Note 8, Huawei P30 Pro, P30, P20, P10, Mate 10 Pro, Mate 10, Mate 9 Pro, Mate 9, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo NEX, Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S, Mi 8, Mi 6, OnePlus 7, 6T, 5, Pixel 3 XL, 2 XL, 2, Google Pixel 2 XL, Pixe
The DJI Osmo Action Camera is the first action camera from DJI. It is a solid and well-performing camera that comes under a budget. This camera is the first action camera to feature a front-facing live view screen for selfies and vlogs.
Design & Build Quality
The best 4k action camera is compact-sized and highly portable. It is smaller and lighter than the GoPro Hero10. It has a solid build quality and is made of hard plastic with a plastic grip around its body. It features two screens. One is the touch screen present on the backside and the other is the front screen for taking selfies and vlogging.
The DJI Osmo action camera might be a little costly for some, but when compared to other high-end action cameras this is a much better and less expensive option.
It has a waterproof rating of up to 10m in depth. One of the most important features of this camera is that it provides excellent video stabilization. So, when you are high on your action, you won’t have to worry about shaky recordings.
It features a large number of frame rate options in FHD without any recording limit. This action camera can be easily mounted onto your helmet or chest rig and can be used for recording your wild experiences. It is sturdy and has the ability to capture various types of slow-motion videos.
Another important feature about this camera is that its lens can support filters out of the box. Its screw mount is also open-standard, allowing you to use 3rd party options as well.
DJI Osmo App
The app that is compatible with this camera can be easily downloaded from the app or play store. This app provides a satisfactory experience and requires improvements. It is expected that a few software-related issues will be fixed in the upgrades.
I know professionals tend to go for GoPro action cameras but my budget limited me, so I opted for this option. I couldn’t find many reviews on the internet about this product so decided to buy one for myself and write a review of my own. I am thankful for this purchase. The image quality was really good. It is light and has a durable design making it suitable for my hiking vlogs. I had some issues with the app which I expect to be fixed in the upcoming updates.
- Excellent and strong build quality
- Excellent video stabilization
- No limit to recording
- Poor video quality
Our Verdict for DJI Osmo
The DJI Osmo Action camera is excellent for shooting action videos. It is sturdy, waterproof, and can be easily mounted to a helmet or chest rig. It provides excellent stabilization and a large number of frame rate options. However, the video quality and the app require some improvements.
GoPro Camera HERO7–Best Digital Budget Action Camera
DIMENSIONS: 62.3 x 44.9 x 33 mm, WEIGHT: 116 g, RESOLUTION: 3840 x 2160, Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n, v 4.2, SENSOR TYPE: CMOS, SIZE: 1/2.3 inch, EFFECTIVE RESOLUTION: 12 MP Resolution
- 4K30 Video: Get stunning 4K video thats as amazing as the moment itself; you can also shoot time lapse videos to turn longer events into short, shareable moments
- Rugged plus Waterproof: Share experiences you cant capture with your phone; HERO7 Silver is tough, tiny, totally waterproof and up for any adventure
- Intuitive: Touchscreen with a touch screen and simple, streamlined capture modes, its easy to jump right in and get great shots; just swipe and tap
- Voice Control: Stay in the moment; control your HERO7 Silver hands free with voice commands like GoPro, take a photo and GoPro, start recording
- 10MP photos with WDR HERO7 Silver takes beautiful, vibrant 10MP photos even in challenging shots that mix bright light and shadows; and with burst mode, you can get 15 photos in one second
- Video stabilization adios shaky footage; HERO7 Silver records smooth, steady video whether you’re skiing, snorkeling or chasing your dog around the yard
- Shoot vertically capture photos and videos in portrait orientation, perfect for snapchat and Instagram stor
GoPro is one of the most popular names in the world of action cameras. This is another best cheap action cameras. It was released in October 2018. You can find the latest GoPro cameras with much better features in the market these days but they are highly expensive.
Build Quality of GoPro Hero 7
The GoPro Hero 7 is slightly larger than the DJI Osmo action camera. It is a smooth-looking camera. The best digital budget action camera has two ports for battery/card and the other for USB/HDMI connection. It is similar to Hero 6 Black.
It comes with a small plastic frame that wraps around it and can be mounted to a helmet or stand.
It is an excellent choice for an action camera. It is waterproof and provides extremely good video stabilization. This means you can have a shake-free video.
The camera supports a number of frame rates. This means you can record slow-motion videos without any trouble. It allows you to record videos in 4k.
The GoPro Hero 7 also supports Live-streaming. Most of its features are just like that of Hero 6. It features a 12MP sensor and a wide-angle lens.
I have never used any of the GoPro cameras. There are some other latest action cameras like Hero 9 available in the market currently. I was impressed with the performance; it was exactly what I expected from a GoPro camera. I was surprised by its size. The setup was a little confusing for me, however, I followed the manual and was able to achieve it. I recorded some videos on my day trips and found that the quality of the video was good.
- Excellent Video Stabilization
- Sturdy and Well-Built
- Variety of frame rate options
- Video quality could be improved
Our Verdict for GoPro Hero 7
GoPro Hero 7 is perfect for action videos. It is a portable and well-built camera. It is waterproof and features excellent video stabilization. It also has a wide range of frame rates to choose from. However, the image quality needs some improvements. If you are under a budget and looking for the best option, this is the perfect choice for you.
Insta360 ONE X2–Best 360-Degree Budget Action Camera
DIMENSIONS: 1.82 x 4.45 x 1.17in, WEIGHT: 149 g, APERTURE: F2.0, FOCAL LENGTH: 7.2 mm, ISO: Auto, 100-3200, PHOTO RESOLUTION: 360: 6080×3040 (2:1), VIDEO CODING: H.264, H.265, VIDEO BITRATE: 100Mbps, BLUETOOTH: BLE 4.2, Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, BATTERY CAPACITY: 1630mAh, CHARGING METHOD: Type-C, CHARGING TIME: 85 minutes, RUN TIME: 5.7K@30fps – 80 minutes
- The Pocket Camera Crew: With just one device, shoot first in every direction with super 5.7K 360 capture and then choose your favorite angle later. Or pick just one lens with Steady Cam mode for ultra-stable wide angle footage.
- FlowState Stabilization: Better-than-ever stabilization and horizon leveling algorithms keep your shots steady—no gimbal needed.
- Invisible Selfie Stick: Shoot with the Invisible Selfie Stick and then watch it disappear in your edit. Capture easy drone-like angles and third-person perspectives with the flick of a wrist.
- IPX8 Waterproof: Insta360 ONE X2 is waterproof to 10 meters (33ft). Take it out in a rainstorm or surfing without a case.
- In the Box: 1x Insta360 ONE X2, 1x Charge Cable, 1x Battery, 1x Protective Pouch and 1x User Gui
Insta360 One X2 is one of the compact-sized waterproof action cameras that are perfect for recording everything, without any issue. They are perfect for capturing images and vlogging.
Design of Insta360 ONE X2
The best 360 Degree budget action camera features two lenses, as expected from 360-degree cameras. It is a sturdy camera with a well-designed body. It is lightweight making it suitable for recording action videos. It features a ¼” thread on its bottom which is for attaching a tripod. It comes with a 1630 mAh battery which provides a battery life of 80 minutes. There is also a USB-C port for charging and a microSD slot.
The Insta360 One X2 comes with a number of outstanding features that allowed it to make this list. It has a waterproof rating of IPX8 and can be taken up to 10 meters underwater. It also comes with a 47-inch selfie stick making it perfect for vlogging and selfies.
It features multi-view with face tracking, which is perfect for vloggers. It also provides stabilization by Steady Cam. Another of the most notable features of this action camera is InstaPano, which can capture panoramic photographs without having to move the camera. The editing mobile app compatible with this action camera is one of the best. It allows you to add music, color-correct, trim, crop, and add filters to your pictures.
I love vlogging and thus own all types of 360 cameras. And without any doubt, I can say that One X2 is easily the best among them. From the video quality to the performance, I am highly impressed with it. But the best thing about this camera is that it is cheap and budget-friendly.
- Excellent Editing app
- Perfect Stabilization
- HDR Video Quality
- Supports Slow Motion
- Battery life could be improved
Our Verdict for Insta360 One X2
Insta360 One X2 is one of the best budget-friendly action cameras. It comes with an excellent editing app, provides extremely stable videos, and features a lightweight and compact body.
AKASO Brave 7 LE–Best Wi-Fi Budget Action Camera
DIMENSIONS: 2.44 x 1.61 x 1.26 inches, WEIGHT: 1.28 pounds, VIDEO: 4K30, 2.7K60, 1080P120, 720P240, PHOTO: 20 MP, BURST: 3, 7, 15 and 30 shots, TIME-LAPSE: 3, 5, 10, 30, 60 second intervals, LONG EXPOSURE: 1, 2, 5, 8, 30 and 60 seconds, REAR SCREEN SIZE: 2”, FRONT SCREEN SIZE: 1.5”, STABILIZATION: 6-axis EIS 2.0
- BORN ALL-WEATHER ACTION CAMERA - Brave 7 LE action camera is weatherproof and distinct to unlock all the filming scenarios and ease your vlogging experience. Its IPX7 water-resistant design can protect the action camera from rain, snow and water splashing. Your underwater adventure can even down to 131FT/40M while equipped with the included waterproof housing.
- CONVENIENT DUAL-DISPLAY - With innovate dual color screens design, you can change framing and monitoring views between back and front, especially the vivid front screen can satisfy your selfies need and 2-inch back touch screen makes it easy to use than ever.
- SHOOT 4K VIDEO & 20MP PHOTO - This action camera can take hyper-quality 4K 30Fps video and 20MP photo, recording your adventure without missing any details!
- ELECTRONIC IMAGE STABILIZATIONE 2.0 - This action camera is equipped with improved 6-axis EIS, it can provide gimbal-like stabilization and greatly boost the stability and fluency of your recording. It can enable excellent footage even you or the object is in fast-moving.
- A FULL SET OF PROFESSIONAL FUNCTIONS & FREE ACCESSORIES - Digital zoom function and various shooting modes, such as time-lapse, burst photo and fast motion, help you create your footage beyond imagination. Included accessories of 2 rechargeable batteries, remote, waterproof housing and multifunctional mounting kits help you expand your usage scenarios with pleasant budg
Everyone is well-familiar with high-end vlogging and action cameras. They provide excellent features. There are only three high-end cameras that feature front-facing screen options namely, GoPro Hero9 Black, DJI Osmo Action, and Sony RX0 Mark II. But they are, however, a bit heavy on the pocket.
Akaso Brave 7 LE is the most budget-friendly camera with a front-facing screen perfect for selfie lovers. It has allowed us to experience the same feel as that of high-end cameras.
Like other action cameras, Akaso Brave 7 LE is small and lightweight. The body of the action camera has a rubber finish present on the sides for good grip. It features stiff buttons and a built-in tripod mount. It has 6-axis stabilization across all resolutions and can capture still images using its 20MP sensor.
The best Wi-Fi budget action camera is waterproof up to 1 m without the protective case and up to 131 ft with the case. It has a number of features perfect for action shooting, vlogging, and selfies. It can shoot in 4k at 30 frames per second.
It is perfect for action videos and vlogging as it is super portable and features a large variety of mounting accessories.
I was about to have my first skydiving experience and was looking for the perfect action camera. However, I was on a budget and thus I ordered the Akaso Brace 7 LE. I have previously owned the GoPro 7 Black and I can surely tell you that the video quality of Akaso was somewhat good. I loved its battery life and overall performance and would highly recommend this camera to other users.
- Front-Facing Screen
- Features image stabilization
- The video quality needs improvement
Our Verdict for Akaso Brave 7
The Akaso Brave 7 LE is a good budget-friendly option for action shooting. It is perfectly sized and has a decent waterproof rating. Apart from this, it has a front-facing screen which is a rare feature of budget-friendly cameras. However, there are two drawbacks, one is the poor video quality, and the others is the crop incurred by the image stabilization.
VTech KidiZoom Action Cam–Best Kids Budget Action Camera
DIMENSIONS: 2.87 x 2.13 x 3.27 inches, WEIGHT: 12.3 ounces, DISPLAY: 1.8”, PHOTO RESOLUTION: 1280 x 720 (HD)/640 x 480 (SD), VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1280 X 720 (HD)/320 X 240 (240p) /160 X 120 (120p), VIDEO LENGTH LIMIT PER FILE: 30 minutes, FOCUS RANGE: 1.5 feet – ∞, INTERNAL MEMORY: 128 MB
- This HD action video and still camera is ready for every adventure, on land or in water, with a wide-angle lens, waterproof case and floating handle
- A bike mount and adhesive flat mount make this video camera ideal for mounting on a bicycle, helmet or skateboard
- Use special effects like time lapse, stop motion, burst mode, fast- and slow-motion and frames
- Rechargeable battery lasts 2.5 hours. With 32GB microSD card (not included), store up to 98,800 pictures at 1.0 MP and 64 minutes of 720p video
- Intended for ages 4-12 years. Includes internal, rechargeable battery and microSD card slot for expandable memory. Battery is not replacea
The Vtech KidiZoom Action Cam was made to this list due to its amazing performance. This action camera allows getting kids young in moviemaking. It is designed for kids as young as five years old and as old as 9 and older.
Being an action camera, the Vtech KidiZoom has a sturdy and well-built design. It is in fact one of the most robust cameras as it is designed for kids. Its size is pretty remarkable as well. This means it is perfect for kids’ use as it is lightweight and can be easily mounted to their helmets.
It also features a protective waterproof case which provides extreme protection to this best kids’ budget action camera.
Features of Vtech Kidizoom
The Vtech KidiZoom camera has an extremely cool user interface and control system. It is simple to use and its features are designed keeping kids in mind. It has a small screen that will allow the kids to view and playback their videos without any issues. It has a photo resolution is 640 x 480 which is okay and has three different video qualities, 640 x 480 (high-quality video), 320 x 240 (default), or 160 x 120 (lower quality).
I ordered this camera for my review and my 6-year-old. I was surprised by how well this camera turned out to be. It has excellent video quality and is super simple to use. It is tiny and can be easily mounted to my kid’s helmet. She loves to record videos using this camera and pretend to be YouTuber. It is also very sturdy and it withstands the tough conditions by girl puts it in.
- Simple to use
- Sturdy and well-built
- Good video quality
- Poor image quality
Our Verdict for Vtech Kidizoom
Vtech KidiZoom camera is the perfect budget-friendly camera for kids. It is well-designed and has a sturdy body. It has a simple-to-use interface with good video quality, however, if you are purchasing for taking pictures, this camera has poor image quality.
YI 4K Action and Sports Camera–Best Voice Control Budget Action Camera
DIMENSIONS: 2.56 x 0.83 x 1.65 inches, WEIGHT: 3.53 ounces, LCD SCREEN SIZE: 2.19”, LENS: F2.8, BITRATE: 60Mps, AVERAGE POWER CONSUMPTION: 2.5W, BLUETOOTH: 4.0
- Superb Image Quality – Records 4K/30fps (100mbps), 2.7k/60fps, 1080p/120fps, 720p/240fps video, and 12MP raw image with build-in Sony IMX377 image sensor and Ambarella dual-core A9SE75; Equipped with advanced video stabilization (EIS) can capture super smooth footage at 2.7k/60fps.
- Long Battery Life – High capacity rechargeable lithium-ion battery records up to 120mins of 4K/30fps video with a single charge. High performing cooling system prevents YI 4K Action Camera of overheating and enables stable video recording.
- Intuitive Touchscreen UI - Built-in 2.2” high responsive LCD touchscreen with 640 X 360 high resolution for easy setting, previewing and shooting. Newly released voice command makes shooting even easier than before. Touchscreen is made with Gorilla Glass Retina to resist scratches and daily impact.
- Instant Sharing -- Built-in Bluetooth and high speed 5GHz/2.4GHz Wi-Fi support for wireless remote control and the YI Action App for instant photo and video editing, sharing and live streaming to social media.
- Advanced Features – Always update to the latest firmware (1.8.25) to enjoy the extra features. Flexible settings of ISO/WB/SHUTTER/EV/METER for 12MP raw file help you produce high quality images even in low-light condition; Multi record/capture modes, including burst, slow-motion, timelapse, etc, get more creative and fun. Voice control is available with the latest firmwa
The Y1 4k Action Cam is a close competitor to GoPro Hero4 Black and surpasses it in some areas. It has some great features and comes at a very affordable price.
Everyone is familiar with the GoPro cams and most people these days refer to action cameras as GoPro, but this doesn’t mean that they are the only option in the market. They are a bit costly and thus we look for a cheaper option. Y1 4k is one such option.
The Y1 Action camera has a very sophisticated design and comes in three colors black, silver, and pink. It has a battery of 1400mAh capacity. It has a microSD card slot as well. If you use a 64 GB card, you will have 80 minutes of 4k recording.
The best voice-control budget camera features a 2.19-inch screen that allows you to see your pictures. It is very similar to GoPro. It is simple and has a single button only present on the top of the camera.
The Y1 4k action camera is easy to use. Its single button is used to turn it on, and capture and record videos. The screen of this camera will allow you to see the Wi-Fi connection and the battery status. It can capture 4k video at a rate of 30 frames per second.
The app compatible with this camera is also quite impressive making this camera perfect and easy to use. However, the app has some issues which require to be fixed like disconnection of live mode.
I use this camera for vlogging. The image quality of this camera was quite impressive, I found it to be better than GoPro and Sony at this value. The build quality is also pretty decent and doesn’t give a cheap feel. It also has a good battery. I am pretty satisfied with the overall experience of using the camera, however, I would recommend that the app should be upgraded to solve some underlying issues.
- Nice design & well-built
- 155-degree wide-angle lens
- Image Stabilization could be improved
Our Verdict for YI 4k Action Camera
The Y1 4k action camera has features similar to GoPro Hero4 Black but is better in some cases, such as the price, screen size, and battery life. It is perfect for entry-level vloggers and action-shooting enthusiasts.
AKASO V50X–Best Touch Screen Budget Action Camera
DIMENSIONS: 2.56 x 0.83 x 1.65 inches, WEIGHT: 3.53 ounces, TOUCH SCREEN SIZE: 2”, MICRO SD CARD: 64 GB class 10, BATTERY: 1100mAh, BATTERY LIFE: 80 minutes
- UPGRADE SERIES OF AKASO V50: Featuring 4K/30fps, 2.7K 30fps and 2K 60fps video resolution, AKASO V50X action camera enables you to take incredible ultra HD videos, clearly recording the beauty and wonders in life.
- INTUITIVE TOUCH SCREEN: With a touch screen and simple, streamlined capture modes, its easy to jump right in and get great shots. Just swipe and tap.
- ELECTRONIC IMAGE STABILIZATION: AKASO V50X action camera records smooth, steady video whether you’re skiing, snorkeling or chasing your dog around the yard.
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: AKASO V50X action camera comes with 2 rechargeable 1350mAh batteries which support video recording up to 180 minutes. And 17 accessories kit fits most action cameras even Gopro.
- ADJUSTABLE VIEW ANGLE: You can set the view angle of this action camera according to your needs between 170°, 140°, 110° and 70°. Turn on Distortion Calibration, it can correct the image distorti
Akaso V50X is a small-sized and lightweight action camera. It comes with a wide variety of accessories as well as a clear plastic case which makes it waterproof and keeps it protected. This is another budget-friendly action camera perfect for action lovers.
Design & Build Quality of AKASO V50X
The Akaso V50X features a solid body that is made of plastic. It has a secure grip and a 2-inch screen. It is pretty durable and comes with a housing that makes it waterproof. The font size of the best touchscreen budget action camera features the lens and power button. It has a micro SD slot on the left side along with a mini HDMI cable and two buttons for controlling a few settings.
This camera is perfect for action recording as it comes with a Sony IMX458 13.4MP sensor and a HiSilicon Hi3559 V200 chipset. It has a number of features like 4k recording at 30 frames per second and a 170-degree wide-angle camera. The app is compatible with the best touchscreen budget action camera and is pretty user-friendly and simple to use.
It features excellent video stabilization allowing users to record videos without worrying about shaky recording.
I wanted to buy an action camera for a while but couldn’t afford the highly-priced cameras. But when I came across this budget-friendly cam, I had to order it, and I have to say I am not disappointed. The body of the camera has a nice feel and is sturdy. It provided good image quality and a satisfactory experience.
- Amazing video stabilization
- Compact design
- Waterproof with case
- Lacks autofocus
Our Verdict for AKASO V50X
It is an okay and affordable choice of action camera. It can record 4k videos without crop. It has a decent design and provides excellent video stabilization; however, the quality of the video requires some improvement.
AKASO EK7000 4K30FPS Action Camera–Best Ultra HD Budget Action Camera
DIMENSIONS: 2.3 x 1.6 x 0.95 inches, WEIGHT: 1.76 ounces, VIDEO RESOLUTION: 4K, FRAME RATE: 25 FPS, WATERPROOF DEPTH: 98 FT
- 4K Ultra HD action camera. Professional 4K 30Fps & 2.7K 30Fps video with 16MP photos at up to 30 frames per second for incredible photos, which is 4 times the resolution of traditional HD cameras.
- Wireless wrist remote control sports camera. With a wrist 2.4G remote, you can capture the world in an all-new way. Controlling the camera, framing shots or recording video is convenient.
- Longer battery life. AKASO EK7000 action camera comes with 2 rechargeable 1050mAh batteries. Each battery can record up to 90 minutes. No more worry about the recording time for this Action camera.
- Built-in Wi-Fi & HDMI, edit & share YOUR action in minutes. Just download App(AKASO GO) on your phone or tablet and connect with this action camera. Wi-Fi signal ranges up to 10 meters.
- 100 Feet waterproof camera. AKASO EK7000 is designed to withstand extreme environments, together with durable waterproof case. With the accessories, transform it for indoor and outdoor activiti
Akaso EK7000 is another compact budget-friendly action camera. It is like an alternative to GoPro at a lower price. It is very similar to GoPro in its design, work, and results. But it obviously doesn’t have the high features which are expected at this budget.
Design of AKASO EK7000 4K30FPS
The best Ultra HD budget action camera has a very decent and casual design. Its design is very much similar to that of other cameras. It features 4 control buttons. The shutter button is present on the top of the camera which is used for taking pictures and recording videos. Like normal cameras, it also acts like the enter button. It features a touch screen.
The Akaso EK7000 is a simple-to-use camera. It offers good video stabilization making it easy to enjoy and shoot bumpy actions. It records videos at a resolution of 4k and FHD.
However, its video quality is a little poor and requires to upgraded.
I would say that this camera performs better than its price. It looks very similar to GoPro, even its interface but obviously, its performance isn’t that good. It is easy to use and came with a number of accessories. However, I wasn’t impressed with the video quality and was hoping for better results.
- Water-resistant design
- Portable and lightweight
- Moderate video stabilization
- Video quality requires improvement
- Lacks wide frame rate options
Our Verdict for AKASO EK7000 4K30FPS
The Akaso EK7000 is a decent action camera. It features a water-resistant and sturdy design suitable to withstand tough conditions. However, it is water resistant when used in this case. It offers video stabilization at 4k but the quality of the video is poor.
Dragon Touch Vision 3 Action Camera–Best Waterproof Budget Action Camera
DIMENSIONS: 2.36 x 1.18 x 1.97 inches, WEIGHT: 5.3 ounces, VIDEO RESOLUTION: 4K, MEGAPIXEL: 16, WATERPROOF: UP TO 30 M, SCREEN SIZE: 2”, ANGLE: 170 degree, BATTERY LIFE: 1080P-90 mins/4k,2k – 60 mins
- 4K Action Camera with 4X Zoom: Professional 4K/30FPS, 2.7K/30fps, 1080P/60FPS video and 16MP photo resolution enables you to capture exciting moment for you. This camera also features zoom range from 1.0X to 4.0X.
- 100FT Waterproof Action Camera: Place your camera into the waterproof case and securely fasten it, you can dive below 100ft (30m). Underwater photography cameras is ideal for water sports such as swimming, surfing, diving, snorkeling etc.
- Wireless Remote Control & Adjustable View Angle: Put the remote control on your wrist while installing the camera on the helmet, selfie stick, etc, convenient to record moments in places. You can choose various wide angles between 70°,110°,140°, 170° as you like. it’s up to you to decide expansive or narrow field view.
- Versatile & Compact: Dragon Touch 4k action camera features multiple functions including driving mode, image rotation, time-lapse, burst photo, loop recording, slow motion, dramashot, white balance, etc. Bringing this camera to more applicable conditions beyond your expectation.
- Free Mounting Accessories: Sports & action video cameras comes with 2 rechargeable 1050mAh batteries, remote control wristband and 18 accessories kit, each battery can record up to 90 minutes. The kits are available for most kinds of camera even AKASO, GoP
Dragon Touch Vision 3 action camera might not be the best action camera in the market, but it definitely is one good camera at a very affordable price.
Design of Dragon Touch Vision 3
The best waterproof budget action camera comes in a black and silver colored design. It features an LCD screen of 2”. The body of this camera is made of both plastic and rubber. It comes with a few buttons to carry out the basic steps. It features a transparent plastic covering. The camera also comes with a wireless remote to make things easier.
Apart from this, it comes with a mounting accessory kit.
Features of Dragon Touch Vision 3
The Dragon Touch Vision 3 action camera comes with a number of decent features. It supports 4k resolution at 30 frames per second. It also supports 1080p at 60 frames per second. The camera features optical zoom which ranges from 1.0x to 4.0x along with a wide-angle view.
It can take pictures in 16 MP and features some advanced features like time-lapse, slow-motion shooting, and driving mode. This makes it a perfect budget-friendly action camera.
I was a bit hesitant to order this camera because the price was quite low. However, I went on and ordered this knock-off GoPro. Fortunately, this proved to be a fruitful purchase. The quality of the video and performance of this camera was pretty impressive. It is simple and lightweight and has an easy-to-use camera. However, it doesn’t have any apps for smartphones.
- Remote Control
- 4k recording
- Battery life could be improved
Our Verdict for Dragon Touch Vision 3
The Dragon Touch Vision 3 camera is a budget-friendly and easy-to-use camera that provides great picture quality. It comes with a wireless remote and features image stabilization. The drawbacks include moderate battery life and no app for smartphones.
Vivitar DVR786HD–Best 1080p Budget Action Camera
DIMENSIONS: 8 x 5 x 11 inches, WEIGHT: 5.3 ounces, VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1080p, MEGAPIXEL: 12.1, FRAME RATE: 30 fps, FOCUS RANGE: 2.8M, PHOTO RESOLUTION: 12M (4000×3000), 8M (3264×2488), 5M (2592×1944), 1M (1280×960)
- BEST RECORDER: Our cam corder Records 1080p video @ 30fps, and our camera takes a cool 12.1MP picture, a bargain for its small camera mini size and low price, along with the awesome accessories! Its like one of those mini things that actually work!
- ULTIMATE ZOOM: With a fixed focus lens (4x digital zoom), our digital camera is useful for taking those hidden, precise shots that other cameras cant match. Why go with a disposable or your phone when you can get the high-quality pics from our camera?
- THE MINI CAMERA: The perfect camera for kids, our mini digital camera has an integrated 2-inch LCD screen and a rechargeable battery, making it an instant addition to any trip or any set of pool toys, as its perfect for any environment, like sports or party
- UNDERWATER CAMERA: While the camera itself isnt waterproof, its casing is! Our compact Underwater housing (30 ft. / 9m) will keep our camera cool and dry in the largest pool and deep into the sea, it is prime for use both above and underwater, with our case turning it into a waterproof camera
- ACCESSORIES GALORE: Our awesome action digital camera comes action-packed with a bunch of accessories, including a (waterproof) case, a wireless remote control for remote shots, a sturdy helmet mount and bike mount, and supports microSD card (up to 32
The Vivitar DVR786HD is another moderately performing budget-friendly action camera. This is a good choice for beginners. Let’s take a look in to this cheap action camera more deeply.
Design of Vivitar DVR786HD
The best 1080p budget camera has a very solid build quality for its price. Action cameras are expected to study and this camera meets this requirement. It comes with a transparent encasing which increases its robustness and makes it waterproof as well.
The materials used to make the camera are lightweight which makes the camera light as well. It is a fine action camera to be used for entry-level action shooting.
Features of Vivitar DVR786HD
The Vivitar DVR786HD has some pretty decent features. It can record videos at different frame rates which are 1080p at 30 frames per second and 720p at 60 frames per second. It features a 12.1-megapixel camera to capture good-quality pictures. However, there are definitely cameras with much better and higher picture qualities but this camera offers fair quality for its price.
I purchased this camera a few months ago. I was expecting a moderately performing camera. The image quality was decent, however, I expected it to be a little better. The only thing that I disliked was its battery life. Apart from that, this camera proved to be the perfect companion for my hiking trips.
- Waterproof case
- Lightweight and strong
- Decent picture quality
- Poor Battery life
Our Verdict for Vivitar DVR786HD
This is one of the cheapest action cameras and thus not much should be expected from it. It provides below-average video quality and doesn’t have long battery life.
Best Budget Action Cameras-FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What camera is like GoPro but cheaper?
GoPro is the more commonly known name for the action camera. There are plenty of budget action cameras that work just like GoPro which can be found in the market. Action cameras from Akaso, DJI, etc. are cheaper versions of GoPros.
Is an action camera worth the money?
They are waterproof, able to withstand any situation, and most of all, they continue to capture high-quality photos and videos, that will make you want to relive your travels over and over. Action cameras appear to be worthwhile investments.
How does Akaso compare to GoPro?
This AKASO action camera can truly record 4K footage at 24FPS, unlike even the cheapest GoPro. You must reduce the resolution to 1080P in order to get the desired 60 frames per second. Though it doesn’t create a lot of difference, it’s still quite remarkable given the cost.
How do I choose an action camera?
There are a number of ways to decide the best action camera for you. The main points to keep in mind while choosing an action camera are video quality, battery life, accessories, wi-fi support, and memory.
What is a 4K action camera?
4k Action cameras are cameras that use CMOS image sensors and can take photos in burst and time-lapse modes. They are also capable of recording high-definition videos.
Where is Akaso from?
Akaso is an action camera company which is located in Frederick, Maryland, United States.
How many hours can the action camera record?
Action cameras have the capability to record continuously for about one to three hours. However, this highly depends on the usage. Shooting videos at higher resolution will drain the battery at a faster rate.
Why do people buy action cameras?
There is a number of reasons for buying action cameras. First of all, they are portable, small, and lightweight. They are rigid and strong and provide excellent image quality and are perfect for selfies, vlogging, and action recordings and capturing.
Who uses an action camera?
Action cameras can be used by anyone. They are most commonly used by vloggers, divers, surfers, swimmers, cyclists, runners, etc.
Best Budget Action Cameras-Buyer’s Guide
Action cameras are a delight to use and when choosing the best budget action camera, you need to look out for a few features. These features and how you select the camera will highly affect your experience with it.
This is the most important feature you should check before making a decision. The latest video resolution provided by cameras these days is 5k, which obviously is very costly. The most common video quality is 4k which is not only found in high-end cameras but many of the budget action cameras offer recording in 4k resolution. There are cameras that provide a resolution of 1080p and 720 fps as well. However, it is recommended to opt for 4k resolution as it provides excellent quality videos.
Action cameras are used for recording thrilling and exciting adventures. However, all action cameras don’t have waterproof ratings. People love to shoot their swimming and diving videos but they must carefully select the type of camera they opt for.
All the action cameras come with a battery, charger, and USB cable. But there are a few other accessories that are essential for recording action videos, such as mounting accessories, remote control, a waterproof case, and a spare battery. Some action cameras come with these essential extras. They are other accessories as well such as tripods, power banks, and mounting straps.
Another important to look for in action cameras is built-in Wi-Fi. This feature is important as it will allow you to connect your camera to your phone. This means having Wi-Fi will allow you to record and capture images remotely, view them on your phone and use extra features like video editing.
No one likes to stop recording when out on a sunny day cycling through the beautiful tracks, because of low battery. Therefore, battery life is a very important feature to consider when choosing the perfect budget action camera.
Action Camera usually has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and allows a recording period of about 45 to 150 minutes per charge. The battery capacity you choose highly depends on your usage.
Everything boils down to your budget and how much you can spend. If you buy a high-end camera you will surely end up with better results, similarly, cheaper cameras tend to have lesser features. However, in this list, you can find some budget-friendly cameras that provide good-quality results.
Best Budget Action Cameras-Conclusion
Action cameras are considered to be the toughest cameras and are thus extremely well-built and sturdy. They are small and lightweight. They provide high-resolution pictures and videos and come with a number of features including wi-fi support, slow-motion videos, etc.
Action cameras like GoPros are generally expensive and not affordable by most people. Thus, we tend to provide a solution by enlisting the best budget action cameras.
These cameras aren’t only budget-friendly but they are also high performing and provide some of the best features you would expect from high-end cameras.
- DJI Osmo Action – Best 4k Action Camera
- GoPro Camera HERO7 – Best Digital Budget Action Camera
- AKASO V50X – Best Touch Screen Budget Action Camera
For more articles/blogs please visit: https://smartelectrohub.com/