Logitech G502 X Wired Gaming Mouse complete review
Logitech G502 X Wired Gaming Mouse
Logitech G502 X Wired Gaming Mouse
Brand Logitech G
Connectivity Technology Wired
Movement Detection Technology Optical
Hand Orientation Ambidextrous
Item model number 910-006136
Hardware Platform PC
Operating System Windows 10
Item Weight 3.14 ounces
Product Dimensions 6.4 x 4 x 1.9 inches
The G502 X wired gaming mouse builds on the tradition of Logitech’s most well-known G502 design by reimagining and redesigning it with the most recent advancements in gaming technology. This hybrid optical-mechanical switch technology provides hours of performance gaming with exceptional speed, dependability, precision actuation, and sharp response. Very accurate down to the sub-micron range with no smoothing, filtering, or acceleration for consistently good computer gaming performance.
The DPI-shift button on this wired optical gaming mouse is reversible and detachable to allow for exact customization based on grip and preference. Alternate between precision ratcheting mode and lightning-fast free spin, then tilt left and right for two more programmable settings. The lighter scroll wheel has a thin-wall exoskeleton for optimum stiffness with the least amount of material.
Your G502 is ready to play games.
If you would like to customize your G502, refer to the next section.
You can customize the three onboard profiles of the G502— button programming, lighting color, lighting effects, and tracking behavior—using the Logitech Gaming Software. Download this free software and learn how to customize the G502 at www.logitechG.com/support/g502-hero
To adjust the weight and balance of your G502, first, open the weight door by grasping the mouse firmly in your right hand and pulling the tab down with your left thumb.
You can place up to five 3.6-gram weights in a number of different orientations. Experiment with different positions for the weights to find an overall weight and balance that feels right for you.
After inserting the weights, close the weight door by inserting the tabs on the weight door into the slots on the left side of the mouse and rotating the door down until the magnet holds the weight door firmly closed.
11 fully programmable buttons
- Left (Button 1)
- Right (Button 2)
- Wheel click (Button 3)
- Back (Button 4)
- Forward (Button 5)
- DPI Shift (Button G6)
- DPI Down (Button G7)
- DPI Up (Button G8)
- Scroll left (wheel tilt left)
- Scroll right (wheel tilt right)
- Profile select (Button G9)
- Wheel mode shift (not programmable)
The G502 has three preconfigured profiles, one each for high-sensitivity gaming, low-sensitivity gaming, and standard mouse usage. Use Button 9 (see mouse drawing) to rotate through these default profiles. When you change profiles, the DPI indicator lights will change color to blue for three seconds and will indicate the new mode as shown here:
DPI values are shown using the three LEDs indicated in the mouse drawing. The image below shows which DPI value is being indicated by the LED panel.
Hyperfast Scroll Wheel
The G502 features Logitech’s exclusive dual-mode hyperfast scroll wheel. Click the button right below the wheel (Button G12) to switch between the two modes.
- Weight and balance tuning is very much an exercise in personal preference. Generally speaking, more weight makes it easier to control high DPI settings, while less weight makes low-DPI gaming less fatiguing.
- Centering weights along an imaginary line between your thumb and right-side grip finger(s) will help maintain optimal front-to-back balance.
- The effects of changing weights may not be immediately apparent. After changing the position or number of weights, give yourself some time to experience the difference before changing them again.
- Try the default profile settings in practice games before changing these settings.
- Advanced gamers can customize each game according to their specific button configuration and sensitivity-switching needs. The Logitech Gaming Software stores this information
and applies it automatically when the game is detected.
If the mouse doesn’t work
- Unplug and re-plug the USB cable to ensure a good connection.
- Try the mouse USB cable in another USB port on the computer.
- Use only a powered USB port.
- Try rebooting the computer.
- If possible, test the mouse on another computer.
- Visit www.logitechG.com/support/g502-hero for more suggestions and assistance.
Is it pleasant to use this gaming mouse to record videos?
The most cutting-edge gaming technologies, including our first-ever LIGHTFORCE hybrid switches, LIGHTSPEED pro-grade wifi, LIGHTSYNC RGB, and HERO 25K Optical Sensor, have been included in the G502 X Plus. Furthermore POWERPLAY compliant, the G502 X Plus never runs out of power.
What is the polling rate of the wired gaming mouse from Logitech, the G502X?
The polling rate is now dynamic and has been since the advent of the USB. When mice were operated via PS/2 ports, the polling rate was primarily taken into account. The most recent member of the illustrious G502 bloodline is G502 X LIGHTSPEED. Using our first-ever hybrid LIGHTFORCE optical-mechanical switches and an improved LIGHTSPEED wireless protocol with a 68% quicker reaction rate than the previous generation.
Will this one experience the same problems with double clicking as other G502 models?
The Logitech G502 X Wired Gaming Mouse has undergone an astonishing overhaul that has reduced its weight to only 89 grams. featuring the HERO 25K sub-micron sensor and our first-ever LIGHTFORCE hybrid optical-mechanical switches.
It has cutting-edge hybrid optical-mechanical switches that utilize optical actuation to attain better levels of speed and reliability. While mechanical actuation keeps the gamers’ desired sharp, tactile input. You will appreciate the new mouse because there are no button problems.
Is a power coin for usage with a power play charging mat meant to be included with the mouse?
You should be aware that the G502 X Plus only comes with the following items: the G502 X PLUS Mouse, the DPI-Shift button cover, the USB-C charging cable, the LIGHTSPEED USB-A receiver, the USB extension converter, the user manual, and a sticker. Nevertheless, the POWERPLAY Wireless Charging System is the only one that comes with the power coin (Powercore module).
Does the dongle really support Bluetooth connections? Has a rechargeable battery been included?
A Lightspeed receiver is included with the Logitech G502 X LIGHTSPEED for connection. It does not support Bluetooth and can only be linked wirelessly through the receiver. Moreover, the battery is rechargeable and can be charged using the included USB-C charging connection.
Will g-hub update the software to allow for the programming of the G502 Hero’s scroll up and down?
Not sure if I should purchase this based just on the two added features. Please be aware that we do not currently have this functionality. We will nonetheless consider this input and share it with our staff. We always strive to deliver the greatest goods and experiences to our consumers.
Given that both the g502 x and g502 contain 11 buttons, why hasn’t Logitech Hub updated the software for the g502 to make scroll up and scroll down programmable?
The 13 customizable controls of the Logitech G502 X Wired Gaming Mouse are available. The G502 Hero and G502 Lightspeed, on the other hand, have 11 customizable buttons. The scroll wheel mode toggle button is included on the G502 X series, G502 Hero, and G502 Lightspeed (not programmable).
Which dpi is the highest? Moreover, could my 10-watt phone charger support wireless charging?
The DPI-Shift button has been modified to allow you to select the ideal configuration for your grip and working method. Replace it with the blank cover that is available if you want to shift it closer to your thumb. Please click the following link to learn more about it: https://www.logitechg.com/products/gaming-mice/g502-x-wireless-lightforce.910-006178.html
Would this mouse’s cursor go smoothly over a “77”-inch TV or monitor? The G302 won’t, so I’m sending it back.
The most recent member of the illustrious G502 bloodline is the G502 X LIGHTSPEED. Using our first-ever hybrid LIGHTFORCE optical-mechanical switches and an improved LIGHTSPEED wireless protocol with a 68% quicker reaction rate than the previous generation. Our most sophisticated gaming sensor provides sub-micron precision with no acceleration, smoothing, or filtering. HERO 25K offers unmatched performance, power economy, and precision thanks to improved tracking and intelligent energy use.
Is the scroll wheel as slick as the G903?
Please be aware that the G502 X Lightspeed has a dual-mode scroll wheel that allows free spinning in the hype fast mode. For accurate scrolling, click the ratcheted mode button. For two more completely programmed controls, tilt left and right.
- Icon reinvented: From the legacy of Logitechs most popular G502 design, the G502 X wired gaming mouse is reimagined and redesigned with the latest innovations in gaming technology
- LIGHTFORCE switches: All-new hybrid optical-mechanical switch technology for incredible speed and reliability, as well as precise actuation with crisp response, for hours of performance gaming
- HERO 25K gaming sensor: Incredibly precise down to the sub-micron for high-precision accuracy with zero smoothing/filtering/acceleration for high gaming performance every time on the computer
- Redesigned DPI-shift button: This wired optical gaming mouse features a reversible and removable DPI-shift button for precise customization depending on your grip and preference
- Redesigned hyperfast scroll wheel: Switch between hyper-fast free spin and precise ratcheting mode, and tilt left and right for two additional personalizable controls
- Weight reduced: Thin-wall exoskeleton for minimum material and maximum rigidity, lightened scroll wheel, and more to achieve 89 grams
- Make your choice: Available in black and white colorways
For more Articles/Blogs visit SmartElectroHub