ASUS ROG Gladius II Origin Gaming Mouse complete review
ASUS ROG Gladius II Origin Gaming Mouse
ASUS ROG Gladius II Origin Gaming Mouse
Connectivity Technology USB
Special Feature Ergonomic
Movement Detection Technology Optical
Series ROG Gladius II Origin
Item model number 90MP00U1-B0UA00
Hardware Platform PC
Operating System Windows
Item Weight 3.88 ounces
Product Dimensions 5.51 x 2.76 x 8.66 inches
Item Dimensions LxWxH 5.51 x 2.76 x 8.66 inches
Power Source Corded Electric
Batteries AA batteries required.
The aura Sync equipped ROG Gladius II Origin is created for comfort with a 12000 DPI optical, 50G acceleration, and 250 IPS sensors, making it ideal for eSports. Omron switches with a 50-million-click rating may be changed out quickly and easily for next-level gaming customization thanks to the Asus-exclusive push-fit socket design.
What’s in the box
- 1 x ROG Gladius II Wireless Gaming Mouse
- 1 x ROG logo sticker
- 1 x 2-meter USB cable
- 1 x USB dongle
- 2 x Japanese-made Omron mouse switches
- 1 x ROG Pouch
- User documentation
Unplug and Go
You don’t need to pack your cable anytime you want to move since the ROG Gladius II Origin features a detachable cable design, two types of cables, and a ROG pouch. Just leave one on your desk and the other in the ROG pouch, detach your mouse, and go!
The Omron 50 million click switches and ROG-exclusive push-fit switch socket design on the ROG Gladius II Origin make it simple to swap out switches to modify the click resistance. Your mouse’s lifespan can be increased by choosing to replace any switches that are damaged or worn.
A 12,000 DPI optical sensor at the core of the ROG Gladius II Origin gives you the accuracy and precision required to defeat the rivals. Every motion counts thanks to the 250 IPS sensors and 50G Acceleration that have been included.
Lighting Your Way
The ROG Gladius II Origin is made to rule, and it looks like the part with its abrasive design and ASUS Aura RGB lighting system. The Gladius II Origin is ready for the fight thanks to its outstanding performance and six programmable pre-set light effects.
AURA Sync RGB LED Lighting
To round off the aesthetic of your battle station, achieve flawless RGB lighting synchronization across all of your Aura Sync-capable goods. Lighting effects may be synchronized with gameplay, music, and more!
- DPI Button
- Scroll wheel
- Right Button
- Micro USB 2.0 connector Left Button
- Forward button
- Backward button Mouse foot
- Rubber cover
- Optical sensor Connection mode switch
- Windows® 10 / Windows® 7
- USB port
- 100 MB of hard disk space (for optional software installation)
- Internet connection (for downloading optional software)
To charge your ROG Gladius II Wireless Gaming Mouse:
Connect your ROG Gladius II Wireless Gaming Mouse to a USB port on your computer, or an adapter using the bundled USB cable to charge your gaming mouse.
To connect your ROG Gladius II Wireless Gaming Mouse:
Using a USB cable
- Connect the USB cable to your computer’s USB port.
- Connect the micro USB cable to your gaming mouse.
- NOTE: Ensure the ROG logo on the micro USB cable faces up when connecting it to the gaming mouse.
- Download the driver from http://www.asus.com then install it on your computer.
Using the RF 2.4G Wireless mode
- Connect the bundled USB dongle to your computer’s USB port.
- Set the connection switch to the RF 2.4G Wireless mode.
Pairing your gaming mouse via Bluetooth
- Set the connection switch to Bluetooth connection mode.
- Set up your PC to begin pairing. Click on Start > Control Panel > Devices and Printers, then click on Add a device and select ROG GLADIUS II WIRELESS to begin pairing.
- NOTE: The steps to set up your PC are the same for both Windows® 7 and Windows® 10.
- Your gaming mouse will automatically start pairing. The LEDs on your gaming mouse will blink blue for 60 seconds whilst pairing.
- Once your gaming mouse has been successfully paired, the LEDs on your gaming mouse will light up blue for 3 seconds and then revert to their original LED lighting effect.
- IMPORTANT! If you encounter problems reconnecting your mouse after it has already been paired, remove the device from the device list, then follow steps 1 – 4 to reconnect it.
- NOTE: To pair your gaming mouse to a different device, press and hold the Left button, Right button, and DPI button for 3 seconds, the LEDs on your gaming mouse will blink blue. This will reset the Bluetooth pairing and allow you to pair your gaming mouse to a different device.
Updating your gaming mouse and dongle
To update the firmware of your gaming mouse and/or dongle:
- Connect the USB cable and/or USB dongle to your computer’s USB port(s).
- Launch ROG Armoury, then update the firmware of your gaming mouse. Please refer to the ROG Armoury manual for more details on updating firmware.
Replacing the switches
If you want to replace the switches, follow the steps below:
- Ensure to install the switch with its button facing the front of the mouse to the switch socket.
- Ensure that the switches are seated properly on the switch sockets.
NOTE: Ensure the rubber covers are pushed in completely.
This mouse is silent?
Well, while I’m asleep at night, I can’t hear it passing through the cabinets.
What do side buttons that slide to push do?
Internet sites that may be customized using software
Turning on a led
immediately turns on when plugged in, and the software allows for software-adjustable LED patterns
Both wired and wireless are used.
It is absolutely wired, though. It attaches to a USB-A port.
Is there a left and right click on the mouse wheel?
It does, really. Moreover, it has an additional 2 left and right mouse buttons.
Can it click and drag?
Yes, you can enable or disable it in the Asus Armory Crate software.
Can you use this mouse without plugging it in?
No, because the mouse is WIRED. But, I think ASUS produces a wireless variant.
I recently purchased this mouse, however, the program lacks a base illumination option. Should I return this mouse?
There are numerous that might not be the same yet appear the same. Ensure that the one you received has a led strip on the base and that the software is armory create.
Can it click and drag?
I’m not sure, but I wouldn’t advise it. That can decrease the life of the mouse in addition to damaging the switches. If you don’t know how to drag the click properly or if you push the mouse too firmly while doing so, you eventually end up breaking the mouse as well.
Is this an excellent mouse, or should I search elsewhere for another one?
Although I’ve never been a fan of wireless gaming mice, this one is good overall, and I’ve used some of the finest. The software for the RGB lighting may use some improvement, but the mouse itself performs admirably. I use the ASUS ROG Gladius II Origin Wired USB Optical Ergonomic FPS Gaming Mouse, which costs twice as much to be wireless: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078YBG1VZ/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza?th=1
- Precision movement and aiming delivered by battle tested 12, 000 DPI optical, 50G acceleration, and 250 IPS sensors
- Omron switches rated for 50 million clicks feature a push fit socket design for Easy swapping
- Usb wired Optical gaming mouse designed to fit all grips with clickable scroll wheel, DPI switch, and quick release Micro USB
- Asus Aura Sync RGB lighting in 3 different zones features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across all of Asus Aura Sync enabled products
- Rog Armory software for easy customization of buttons, performance and lighting settings
For more Articles/Blogs visit SmartElectroHub